Saturday, June 27, 2009

Cookies only Elvis (and everyone else) could love


OK - one more recipe and back to sewing. These cookies are addictive. I say this from experience because I made them last week and made them again today. I give you Peanut Butter Banana cookies from Rara Bakes blog. I added cranberries and cashews. I didn't even need to plug in mixer - all mixing was done by hand.
Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, chunky
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I recommend good quality dark chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp vanilla (not in original recipe)
In a medium bowl, combine bananas, peanut butter, and sugars.
Add baking powder and salt. Stir.
Add flour in 3/4 cup increments, stirring after each addition.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Flatten the top of each cookie with a rubber spatula.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 9-11 minutes. Makes 14 cookies.

1 comment:

Floatingclouds said...

I am making these tomorrow. I'll let you know how they come out. Thanks for sharing recipe.