Wednesday, June 3, 2009

No More Eat at Bills


Well - it's the end of an era at the Monterey Market - although I hope not. I hope that Bill's children will continue with their grandfather and father's legacy and support the local farmer to bring food to the community that is not only good for you, but good for the environment too. See sfgate.com for the scoop.

I shed a tear as I watched Bill and his wife come out of the market for what appears to be the last time. He stood patiently while over 100 people stood in the street and crowded on the sidewalks to send him off on his last day - to let him know that he is very much appreciated - and will be sorely missed. He said a few words about his grandfather and that you all 'Get it'. We can only hope and pray that his children get it.

I especially love this clip from 'Eat at Bills' on Bill talking to shoppers about puff ball mushrooms. Go here for information to show your support for Bill and Judy.

No comments: