Sunday, June 14, 2009

Men's Shirt Recon into Women's Blouse



I've been wanting to reconstruct a men's shirt for quite some time, and finally got around to it. I used one of John's XL men's short sleeved shirt and turned it into a medium size babydoll blouse, complete with fabric flower. Please check back for more recons (with tutorial)!

A big thanks to clevergirl.org for the mention. Since I started this blog, I have been thinking about how I can make it focused, interesting, and useful. I have many interests, so this has been a challenge. I have been drawn to the DIY movement (love to sew - hate to discard perfectly good clothing), but there are so many great sites out there already. Hmmm...will have to do more thinking on this.

5 comments:

glam.spoon said...

it's so great to see a big old boxy shirt turn into something with feminine flair. great job!

Antoinette said...

Yes, I especially like what you have done with the sleeves!

Floatingclouds said...

This is so cute! I think you've got a winner! It would be fun to embellish the sleeves and shirt/dress bottom with lace, ribbon or bric a brac to make it even more girlie. The possibilities are endless-a large men's cowboy shirt for instance. I love it!

Nicola said...

nice job on the shirt! i just found my way to you from clevergirl, whom i found through jezze's blog site, whom i found through....??? can't remember.
you and i share a few things in common. berzerkeley is my hometown.
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

You did a fantastic job.!! I will certainly try to make a blouse from my husband's shirt.